Document Management Software
Maximize the Value of Enterprise Content
Content chaos results when documents are stored in multiple places—on laptops and USB sticks, in email and network drives, and across various file-sharing sites. These content siloes are a drain on business productivity and increase security risks.
Alfresco’s document management software brings company content under control. Important files—like legal contracts, marketing assets and engineering documents—are easily found, shared and secured. What’s more, Alfresco maximizes the value of content by integrating it into core business processes. Information flows to the right person, at the right time, in the applications and devices people use to get their jobs done.
“Due to the ease of use and integration capabilities in the working environment of our employees we have achieved an extremely high level of acceptance and effectiveness using Alfresco.”
- Arno Hagen, IT Project Manager, Leica Geosystems
Powerful Search and Discovery
Alfresco makes it easy for people to quickly locate the exact document they need from among many thousands, even hundreds of thousands of files.
- Amazon-style search features, including instant search suggestions and simple search filtering, speed the retrieval of relevant content.
- Smart folders facilitate content discovery by grouping files based on what they are rather than where they’re stored
- Mobile access and integration with productivity applications mean people can work from anywhere using familiar devices and interfaces
Integrate Content into Processes
A powerful combination of document management and workflow capabilities opens up endless opportunities to enhance and accelerate the flow of digital business.
- Rich metadata models, or properties, can be used to move documents automatically through a business process or records management lifecycle
- Built-in workflows simplify document review and approval, while custom process definitions can streamline any content-intensive activity
- Folder rules trigger automated actions for repetitive tasks, freeing people to focus on more important activities
Secure Business-Critical Content
Enterprise-grade security controls, along with integrated records management capabilities, protect valuable business content at every stage of its life.
- Multiple layers of access permissions—for sites, folders and files—control who can view, modify and delete documents
- Document versioning, including full roll-back functionality, simplifies document tracking and protects file integrity
- Simple, automated records management strengthens and demonstrates compliance with information governance policies for the entire document lifecycle